26 April 2006

Reference: Adventures in Babysitting

Hello fellow children of the 80s. I am sure you all have seen Adventures in Babysitting (which was filmed here in Chicago.) Well, in that movie, they accidently ended up in the bad part of town when they were running from the car thieves. They stumbled into a club where they could not leave until they sang the blues. Today, that bad part of town is now my neighborhood and it is no longer considered "the bad part" of town. About 20 years ago, my neighborhood was strictly druggies, strip clubs, and prostitutes. Actually, a little trivia is that one of Al Capone's old hideouts is 1 block south of my apartment in one my college's dorm buildings.

Anyway...

My point is that the club they were in (where she sang the blues) is called Buddy Guy's Legends (many famous people stop in when they are in town- eric clapton for example.) Fot those of you who do not know Buddy Guy, he IS the blues and I mean he is THE man of the blues. Why am I talking about Buddy Guy? Perhaps it is because I will be having dinner with him the night before graduation at the president of my college's house and the next day, I will share a stage with him. I know, I know. It is so cool!

No comments: