16 April 2006

My Easter...

Today, Jamie and I were going to use our buy one, get one free coupon at Hackney's our neighborhood pub/restaurant. We got ready, I got all doozied up and we walked there only to discover that they were closed for Easter. After deliberating for a moment, we said screw it and walked home. Shortly after we arrived back to our apartment, it started raining and it hasn't stopped- I know, rain in Chicago, it is crazy... it never, ever rains here- really, I am totally serious. I think we may have accumulated 1 inch.

Eating at home was the best decision. We had Salmon Roulade, green beans and macaroni and cheese. It was delicious! The salmon was stuffed with something cheesy and spinach. Jamie sauteed the green beans in the same pan that the salmon was cooked in... we sauteed the salmon in butter and deglazed the pan in white wine. It was fantastic!

Today, I also watched Pride & Prejudice (the one with Kiera Knightly- who, frankly, gets on my nerves with all of her pouting, but surprisingly, I kind of liked her in this film.) Jane Austin books turned films are the best... especially when they are well done. They make me feel so good inside. Seriously, there is no cursing, no sex, nothing... it is wholesome fun and it is a period when holding hands is considered something like third base. I think it all of the sexual tension and all of the decency. If there is a film that is out there that is a period piece and I have not seen it, then something is wrong. What is your favorite period film?

1 comment:

Katy C. said...

I love period movies too much to pick :) A few of my favorites off the top of my head: Pride and Prejudice (both w/ Kiera and Colin Firth), Mansfield Park, Four Feathers, Vanity Fair, Gettysburg/Gods and Generals, Girl with a Pearl Earring, and those Horatio Hornblower movies with the yummy Ioan Gruffudd.