20 April 2006

A rediscovered dream...

The other night for class we met at a gallery to talk to a panel of gallery owners in the Pilsen neighborhood (an up and coming arts distrct and one of my favs.)

Before I move on, I went into my graduate program with one goal- to develop a business plan for a future art gallery. I took a class to create a business plan. But, due to various factors, I ultimately put my goal on hold.

So, after the gallery talk, I was feeling the entrepreneurial spirit once again.

Yesterday, I checked my mail and I received notification that I am receiving an award from my school for the best business plan created by a graduate student. This was it. This was the catalyst that I needed. Rather than studying for a stupid 3-day exam, I am planning to participate in a graduate thesis project that results in a finalized business plan. At the completion of the project, the department will consider me for a small business loan of up to $500,000 to get me started on my way.

I feel that I have a plan and that I can be successful.

No comments: