21 August 2006

Best roof in the city...

These people are the luckiest people in Chicago. They own this building (the bottom is leased by Starbuck's). The top of their building is covered with grass. They have two dogs that run around up there. The nice thing about this is that during the harsh winter months, they don't actually have to "walk" their dogs (and consequently pick up the steaming turds with a plastic bag). They just let the dogs out through the courtyard (the hole in the middle) and the dogs run up the stairs and they "walk" themselves.

Here are photos of our neighbor mowing his roof... something you don't see everyday.




If I were him, I would put some patio furniture and a grill up there... but that is just me.

5 comments:

katie g. said...

That's awesome!

Jamie said...

I love that green roof.

Jamie said...

I would totally have a kitchen garden up there.

Unknown said...

That's really cool! When I went to the Hancock Building last winter I was counting how many swimming pools were on the roofs of buildings, but the lawn up above is so much cooler!! (Especially for the dogs!)

PrincessGreen17 said...

No way! That is so cool!