08 January 2006

These are a few of my favorite things... (this weekend)

My two favorite activities...

1. Shopping
2. Eating

Today I had breakfast at this place called Orange on Harrison. My breakfast was called "popeye's breakfast". The eggs had spinach and fresh tomatoes with a sprinkle of cheese on top. It came with toast (I chose Rye bread) and potatoes. It was sooo good and less than $10. I don't even like breakfast food, but this place was delicious. I give it an A+.

As for the shopping, I think I really have a problem. I heard that people in Chicago like to shop... a lot... but I never thought that I would be one of those people. Shopping makes me feel so good when I feel so bad, or it can make a good day a great day, or it can be a form of entertainment. Every store you can think of is here is this fantastic city... so I have temptations around every corner.

This topic brings me to something quite serious. Marshall Fields was purchased by Macy's and they are changing the name to Macy's. Marshall Fields is a landmark here and they are stepping all over it with this name change. I will discontinue shopping there as a protest once it becomes Macy's.

Well, I have stuff to do.

3 comments:

katie g. said...

Peyton, to qualify as an official blogger, you've got to post more often. You can't bitch at me if you aren't going to post yourself...:)

Peyton said...

Okay, point made. I will do my best to post more. I would just like to say that your blog provides my day with a little sunshine... my blog is sometimes boring.

Unknown said...

We have a Marshall Field's in Madison, too. It might not be quite as much of a status symbol as it is in Chicago, but I'm sure the elderly shoppers won't be too pleased when it changes. Apparently, back in its heydey, Marshall Field's was the type of department store where you dressed in suits and gloves to go shopping.