15 January 2006

Quacamole Rustica

Here is how I make what I consider the perfect quacamole...

INGREDIENTS
1 avacado (slightly soft)
1/4 finely chopped red onion
1 lime
cilantro
kosher salt

DIRECTIONS
cut avacado in 1/2 and remove pit
slice hatchmarks in each half
spoon/scrape avacado from both halves into a bowl

roll whole lime on counter to soften
squeeze whole lime on avacado (I like to use tongs to get a really good grip and get as much juice as possible out of the lime)

Chop a handfull of cilantro and add to mixture (I like to use a lot of cilantro because it is so yummy)

Salt to taste and serve with Tortilla Chips (I prefer blue corn chips)

(you may also want to consider adding tomatoes or jalapeno/serano chile to this to give it a kick)

(If you have to store it, be advised that it will turn a nasty color within a day. To save for a few hours, make sure the the plastic wrap is tightly pressed against the mixture)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Yummmmy.... I have just lately become a guacamole disciple, and I want some RIGHT NOW!!!

Unknown said...

By the way, I don't know why I didn't think of this before, but if you save the pit of the avocado and put it back in with the guacamole, it helps keep it from turning brown.

Peyton said...

I had no idea that would work... thank you for the tip.