12 February 2008

One big step on the road to matrimony

So, I have been kind of stuck in the moment of my daddy's death. But, now I am refocusing my energy on my future nuptials. As you know, I have been officially engaged for almost a year now. We were planning a fall wedding at my parents farm (after giving up on the elopment idea)... in fact, my daddy and I had almost worked out all of the details. Well, you know how the rest of that story goes. Let's just sum it up with I am no longer having it there.

Anyway, Jamie and I have finally decided on a location. We want to have the ceremony in Asheville, NC. We are looking at the Biltmore, several B&B's, and outdoor sites. It doesn't sound like much planning, but it REALLY is. It is a definite start and the more I look into the location the more excited I get. I am even thinking of having a cream wedding gown (versus the pale blue one I was originally going with) and maybe having a bridesmaid or two... or not. We haven't really gotten past the location. I will keep you posted. (YEAH!)

3 comments:

PrincessGreen17 said...

I LOVE Asheville! I drove through there a few years ago on the way to Myrtle Beach, it was absolutely gorgeous. The mountains, the greenery, it will be beautiful for your wedding!

Katy C. said...

Hooray for decisions! Ashville is gorgeous! I have cousins that live just outside there and it's always so beautiful when we visit.

katie g. said...

A bridesmaid or two?! When did this come around? I look terrible in yellow.