13 February 2006

A moment to vent...

I know I was attempting to get away from my gripping and more into recipes, but this is something that I must get off of my chest. It may surprise most of you that I rarely do nice things for people just for the hell of it, unless we are real friends or friends of friends. Work people fall into the category of "not-going-to-go-out-of-my-way".

A couple of weeks ago, I found myself feeling generous and I decided go out of my way to help give someone in my office an office baby shower. So far, I have been the only one to plan anything related to it. So today I sent around an email to the office inviting them to the event and the griping began almost immediately. First, the location was all wrong and several people said "I have problems with that" or "who gave you permission to use that location?". Then, the boss wanted to make sure that everyone knew that it was not required and that work comes first... so I had to send around a bitchy email around to everyone letting them know this. You would think that either children or stupid people work in my office. I will be perfectly honest... most of the people I work with are not the sharpest tools in the shed and are destined for a life of mediocrity. The thing that gets me is that this is not even my office/department. My desk is just located within this office.

G-damn! You try to do something nice for someone and everyone has got something to bitch about, or they question everything with their condescending (and quite obnoxious) attitudes... It is just typical of these people up here. It takes a day like this to realize that sometimes I really miss the South.

5 comments:

Lora Leigh said...

Are you sure you don't work with the military?
...sometimes they do the stupidest things
...other times they bring you down just to make themselves look better

anywho,
Happy Valentine's Day
and I suggest moving back to the south ;)

Unknown said...

Just goes to show that kindness doesn't pay...

Actually, I can't speak for those crazy Chicagoans, but I must defend my new neighbors by saying that most of the Midwesterners that I've met in Madison have been genuinely nice and down to earth. My coworkers are great. So I'm sorry that yours are so bitchy!!

katie g. said...

Doesn't this always seem to happen? It is so annoying when people are uncooperative. Tell them to f*ck off...well, i guess if you want to keep your job you might not want to do that...

Peyton said...

I think they know that this is "it" for them and they are taking it out on me...

Peyton said...

Oh, I did want to say that everyone I have met from Wisconsin is super nice... it is only a few bad apples here that are getting on my nerves.