15 February 2006

Let's talk about freedom and then couscous

Since when is it to pour out your old coffee in a planter on the publc sidewalk? I did just that and some ass said, "you couldn't have poured it anywhere else, like not on a plant." I simply relied, "well, maybe it needed a pick-me-up"... I am seriuosly going to lose it soon... everyone I encounter is in a bad mood.

In the meantime, you must try this recipe... (Yep, I am totally stress eating today, oh and I picked up some beer. I know it is only 3:25, but I have had a bad week).... Okay, now here's a great recipe...


Couscous with Corn and Black Beans

1 1/2 cups water
1 cup uncooked couscous
1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley (I prefer ciltanro)
1 can (15-ounce) black beans, rinsed and drained
1 package (10-ounce) frozen corn, thawed and drained
3 tablespoons orange juice
1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
2 tablespoons olive oil
1/4 teaspoon salt (I use a little more)
1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
1/8 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper

Bring water to a boil in a medium saucepan, and stir in couscous. Remove from heat; cover and let stand 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork

Combine couscous, parsley, beans, and corn in a large bowl; toss. Combine orange juice and the next 6 ingredients (orange juice, through pepper); stir. Add to couscous mixture; toss well.

It tastes best when it has time to chill for about an hour.

4 comments:

Peyton said...

By the way, I know the recipe sounds kind of boring, it is actually a nice flavor surprise...

katie g. said...

I think it sounds good. I also think that caffeine is okay for plants good lord. The person who probably said something is a person that doesn't clean up after their dog.

Peyton said...

Actually he did have a dog...

Of course, I had the perfect comeback about five minutes late... here were the two I came up with...

1. It's better for the plant than the guy I saw puking in it a couple of weeks ago... (which actually happened)- I have a habit of spying on people in the building across from me when I can't sleep at night and I happened to see someone yack

2. It is no worse than your dog pissing on a tree or the grass or god forbid a plant...

So there...

Unknown said...

My coworker always pours out the rest of her coffee/tea in potted plants and they seem to take it ok...

And rose bushes actually benefit from used tea bags... so nyah. :P