20 January 2008

Pea Pod = Lazy

So, we have been ordering my groceries online lately and we are officially spoiled. Going to the grocery store has not been the same sine I have converted to an online grocery shopper (especially since the high this weekend is 6 degrees with a wind chill of -15). If Peapod (http://www.peapod.com/) is available in your area then you should definitely try it. You can virtually shop in the aisles. The newest feature is that you can copy and paste your grocery list into a little box and it will shop for you. You just pick the brand and size you want. Items can be sorted by price, price per unit, calories, fat, fiber, etc. THE BEST PART... you can order beer and liquor. In my most recent delivery (tonight) I bought a bottle of Bailey's, a bottle of Kahlua, and 2 12-packs of beer. Of all of the perks of living in the city, delivery of anything (and I mean everything) beats it all. Ahhhh, I love the city...

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I've heard of that (from another blogger!) and at first it seems like a weird concept, but you can't beat the convenience factor! What do they charge for delivery?

PrincessGreen17 said...

No way...I'm about to see if that's available here! That sounds soooo nice. The weather did convince me not to go to the store on Saturday!

Peyton said...

It is only $6.95 for delivery. Some items are a little more expensive than your local Jewel or Dominick's (like canned coke). But, having them delivered during negative temperatures makes it all worth paying a bit more than usual.

PrincessGreen17 said...

I would totally pay for that convenience! Unfortunately they don't have it in Madison yet.

katie g. said...

So jealous. It would be a little ridiculous if I had my groceries delivered though. I live directly behind a Winn-Dixie and publix might be a half a mile from the apartment. Oh, and Brunos is probably 1.5 miles away. Still, it's an awesome service.