28 March 2006

Waste of money

The thing about my graduate department that I have had the biggest problem with is that they often hire adjunct "faculty" (I use the term loosely) who have no prior teaching experience. I pay way too much money ($1600 per class to be exact) to be someone's guinea pig. These people should teach an introductory undergrad course before moving to the graduate level or at least co-teach with someone with experience the first time around.

Obviously, I am taking one of these classes this semester... we are on week 9 and I still have not learned anything and I have no clue where this is going. I am so frustrated!

2 comments:

katie g. said...

what class is it?

Peyton said...

Decision Making for Visual Arts Managers... sounds like a total BS class to begin with, right? We are supposed to focus on the decision making process... liek you can really spend a freakin' semester on it. I am going to pull my hair out if we have to talk about public art groups anymore... I want to know about museums and galleries, not some freakin' hippy murals.